February 11, 2018
*All invited to our Ash Wednesday Mass at 9:40 am in the gym on Feb. 14.
*There will be a dress down day on Tuesday, February 13 to celebrate Mardi Gras and Valentine’s Day which falls on Ash Wednesday. This is a fundraiser for the Home and School Association. The cost is $2 to dress down.
* Parent Teacher conferences are scheduled for this Thursday, Feb. 15 from 3:30-8:30. All high school and middle school parents may call Mrs. Parise to schedule your appointment. Any student whose parent attends an academic conference will be given a free dress down day pass to be used on one day to be determined.
* There will be an important College Credit Plus meeting on Thursday, February 15, at 6:30 pm in the commons. This is for all high students and their parents who intend to take college course this coming school year while attending St. Thomas Aquinas. Representatives from Walsh University and Stark State College will make a presentation and answer questions regarding college credit plus. Also, we will have computers available for parents to establish their online safe account so that they will be able to apply for state funding for these courses.
* All Senior and Junior parents are invited to a meeting on Tuesday, February 13, at 6:30 pm in the commons to plan for the after prom.
* The St. Thomas Aquinas Auction, Aquinas Gold, will be held Saturday, March 24th at La Pizzeria in Canton. Invitations were included with Report Cards in January. Please consider coming to this spectacular event and sending in your reservations as soon as you can. This auction is a guaranteed good time with many amazing items available to bid on. Dick Kiko will be the auctioneer and John Sirpilla is the Emcee. Both are 1984 Sta grads. This is Aquinas’s biggest fundraiser of the year and we need everyone’s support to make it a success.
*The school will be closed Friday, Feb. 16 and Monday, February 19.
* The remainder of my announcements are for middle school students and parents:
*Our first OLOP Fish Fry is Friday, February 16. Seventh and 8th-grade students, as well as high school volunteers, should be at OLOP by 4:00 p.m. Any student working the fish fry must sign in upon entering to receive credit for the hours worked.
*All parent chaperones must have current BCI background checks as well as Virtus training on file in our office. Phone calls have been made to those parents whose information we still need on file. Please call Mrs. Parise if you have any questions of your eligibility.
*Middle School students will begin selling Malley’s Easter Candy once again this year. Our school kickoff will be Thursday, Feb. 15. We are hoping to raise $3000 to fund 18 months of Accelerated Reader and Accelerated Math online programs to help individualize and accelerate instruction for all students.
That’s all I have Knights. Have a great Aquinas Week!