November 7, 2017
Good evening, this is Fritz Schlueter, Principal of St. Thomas Aquinas High School and Middle School with a mid-week update.
Congratulations to our Volleyball Team who are the Regional Champions. They will compete in the State Semi-Final match at 6:00 pm on Thursday, November 9th, at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio. STA has modified its school schedule on Thursday of this week to allow students to travel to the game. Here are the modifications:
- School will start at its normal time on Thursday.
- Classes will end at 11:43 am. Students may leave the building at that time if they have transportation.
- Lunch will be served in the cafeteria from 11:46 – 12:20 for all students that desire a lunch.
- Normal school lunch fees apply.School buses will pick up students at St. Thomas Aquinas at 12:30 to take them home.
- Charter Buses will leave St. Thomas Aquinas at 1:00 to take students to the volleyball match. Students must have paid the $10 fee and have a signed permission slip to ride the bus to the volleyball match.
- All students who have signed up for the bus must turn in their $10 before school on Wednesday morning.
- Students riding the bus to the volleyball match are encouraged to eat lunch before the bus departs and to pack food for the bus trip. The bus will not stop at a restaurant. Food will be available for purchase at the arena where the volleyball match will take place.
- Thursday will be a Spirit Day at school. Students will be permitted to wear St. Thomas Aquinas Spirit gear to school. They must comply with the school dress code for a dress down day which includes no tights, yoga pants, or stretch pants worn as pants and no jeans with holes in them.
- There will be no school on Friday due the late return from the Volleyball match Thursday night.
Here are two additional announcements:
- The National Honor Society will conduct a canned food drive next week. All students are encouraged to bring in canned food items. The class that brings in the most items will win free ice cream. This food drive will be to support the Stark County Hunger Task Force.
- This Sunday from 1:00 – 3:00 pm, St, Thomas Aquinas High School and Middle School will hold an Open House for all incoming 6th and 9th graders and their families or anyone who is considering St. Thomas Aquinas School. Teachers, coaches, and other staff members will be available for questions and there will be student-led tours of the building. Please help spread the word about this event.
Have great Aquinas evening and Go Volleyball Knights!