January 28, 2018
* A Parent Satisfaction Survey was emailed out to all parents on Friday. I request that you take a few minutes this week to complete this survey. This is your opportunity to provide anonymous feedback to my staff and me so that we can work to make St. Thomas Aquinas an even better school in the future.
* Parent Teacher conferences are scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 15 from 3:30-8:00 pm. All high school and middle school parents may call Mrs. Parise to schedule your appointment. Any student whose parent attends an academic conference will be given a free dress down day.
*The Turnabout Dance for all STA high school students is this Saturday. February 10, from 7:30 – 10:30 pm. Any student who would like to bring a guest from another high school must have a permission form signed by the guest’s high school principal and Mr. Schlueter by Friday. Forms may be picked up in the Attendance Office.
* I want to thank the Home and School Association for providing the Flippin’ Flapjacks this past Monday. It was a great way to kick off Catholic Schools Week.
* The remainder of my announcements are for middle school students and parents:
* The middle school spelling bee will be this Tuesday at 2:00 in the commons.
*7th and 8th-grade students can earn tip money towards their Washington DC trip by working at the OLOP Fish Fry’s. A flier should have come home with all the information. If you would like your seventh or eighth grader to volunteer, please return the bottom portion to Mrs. Parise.
*All parent chaperones must have current BCI background checks as well as Virtus training on file in our office. Phone calls have been made to those parents whose information we still need on file. Please call Mrs. Parise if you have any questions about your eligibility.
*There will be an informational meeting for all 6th-grade parents interested in sending their child to the Faith and Science Camp for the 6th-grade overnight trip. The meeting will be this Tuesday, February 6 from 6:00 – 7:00 pm in the STA Commons. A representative from the camp will be present to provide information regarding your child’s overall camp experience, schedule, packing list, cabins, food and medical care. Please plan to attend. The cost of the trip is $115 which is payable that evening.
*Middle School students will begin selling Malley’s Easter Candy once again this year. Our school kickoff will be Thursday, Feb. 15. We are hoping to raise $3000 to fund 18 months of Accelerated Reader and Accelerated Math online programs to help individualize and accelerate instruction for all students.
That’s all I have Knights. Have a great Aquinas Catholic School Week!