January 28, 2018
*This week is Catholic School Week. The special dress days are as follows:
Monday: Jeans and Aquinas gear
Tuesday: Red, White and Blue
Wednesday: Dress for Success – Dress in the attire of your vocation or career of choice
Thursday: Dress as your favorite Superhero
Friday: Jeans and a shirt representing where you went to elementary school.
*St. Thomas Aquinas High school and Middle School will be collecting new socks and new or gently used blankets for Catholic Charities homeless outreach program. This is our school service project to the community for Catholic Schools week.
* Thank you to all who helped with our Winter Carnival. It was an evening enjoyed by all and it took many volunteers to make it happen.
* Parent Teacher conferences are scheduled for Thursday Feb. 15 from 3:30-8:30 for all students. All high school and middle school parents may call Mrs. Parise to schedule your appointment. Any student whose parent schedules and attends an academic conference will be given a free dress down day pass to be used on one day to be determined.
* The Chili Cook-off is this Saturday, February 3rd. We have 13 chili and soup cooks lined up. We have 14 tickets left to sell for the $2,500 reverse raffle. Contact Ryan Hill or Stephanie Wheeler if you would like a ticket. Couples can also split tickets. Also, we are still taking wine bottle donations and donations for the chinese basket raffle. Finally, we can always use help with setup and teardown on Saturday.
* The remainder of my announcements are for middle school students and parents:
*7th and 8th grade students can earn tip money towards their Washington DC trip by working the OLOP Fish Fry’s. A flier should have come home this week with all the information. If you would like your seventh or eighth grader to volunteer, please return the bottom portion to Mrs. Parise.
* 7th and 8th grade students and chaperones have a chance to visit the White House on our tour of DC. In order to be eligible to enter, every student and parent must be vetted. A yellow information sheet went home last week that must be returned as soon as possible if you want to be included on this part of the tour. This information will be sent to Representative Tim Ryan’s office where it will be given to White House officials. Please return this information to Mrs. Parise as soon as possible.
*All parent chaperones must have current BCI background checks as well as Virtus training on file in our office. Phone calls have been made to those parents whose information we still need on file. Please call Mrs. Parise if you have any questions of your eligibility.
*There will be an informational meeting for all 6th grade parents interested in sending their child to the Faith and Science Camp for the 6th grade overnight trip. Please mark your calendars for Tuesday February 6 from 6:00-7:00 pm in the STA Commons to meet with a representative from the camp. During this meeting you will receive information regarding your child’s overall camp experience, schedule, packing list, cabins, food and medical care. Please plan to attend. The cost of the trip is $115 which is payable that evening.
*Middle School students will begin selling Malley’s Easter Candy once again this year. Our school kickoff will be Thursday Feb. 15. We are hoping to raise $3000 to fund 18 months of Accelerated Reader and Accelerated Math online programs to help individualize and accelerate instruction for all students.
That’s all I have Knights. Have a great Aquinas Catholic School Week!