Guidance Counselor – Angelo Pederzolli
PHILOSOPHY OF GUIDANCE
We believe that each student in our school is a unique individual and is capable of significant growth and development. We assist the child in this growth and development, in cooperation with the parents, by our educational programs developing the spiritual, intellectual, moral, social, cultural, and physical aspects of each student. We believe in the integrity, worth, and dignity of each child, in his/her uniqueness and individuality; we strive to plan and execute those educational programs which will develop in each child an appreciation of himself/herself and others.
We endeavor to nurture attitudes, concepts, skills, and talents that will help in developing self-discipline, accepting responsibility for the direction of his or her life, striving to attain a meaningful role in the world and becoming part of society’s mainstream. The effectiveness of this philosophy depends upon the cooperative efforts of the administrators, the classroom teachers, parents, and other pupil personnel workers.
GUIDANCE OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
The guidance and counseling department has developed objectives and goals for each grade level. The following serves as a representation of some of the activities but is not intended to be all-inclusive:
- Transition to high school
- Course selection for four years
- Explanation and interpretation of tests (PLAN, PSAT, ASVAB, Ohio Graduation Tests)
- Distribution of college admission test information (ACT, SAT))
- Job search skills/career exploration
- College search and application review
- Library computer program search
- Development of study skills
- Processing of applications, transcripts and recommendations
- Academic and personal counseling
- Interviews with parents, teachers and students
- College Credit Plus Options
- Arranging tutoring with Special Services
Appointments and Office Hours
Students are always welcome to stop in the Guidance Office to talk with a counselor. Appointments may be made by calling Mr. Pederzolli, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.