The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has requirements a freshman student must satisfy to practice or play in a Division I or Division II college/university. These requirements are established by the NCAA and are subject to review and revision.
A student who is considering practicing or playing at a Division I or II college/university should contact Mr. Angelo Pederzolli, to find out more about these academic requirements.
Below are the core courses for NCAA Eligibility:
- At least 4 years English
- At least 3 years math; 1 year algebra and 1 year geometry(or 1 year of a higher-level mathematics course for which geometry is a prerequisite);
- At least 2 years social science;
- At least 2 years natural or physical science (including 1 lab course, if offered by any high school you attended);
- At least 1 year of additional courses in English, math, or natural or physical science;
- 3 additional academic courses in any of the above areas, or foreign language, computer science, philosophy or comparative religion.