Key Club International is a service leadership organization for high school students. It is jointly sponsored by a local Kiwanis club composed of the leading businesses and professional people of the community.
Key Club International provides more than 12 million hours of service to homes, schools and communities each year. From building bridges, to collecting tons of food, to helping eliminate iodine deficiency disorder, Key Club International plays a vital role in serving the children of the world.
Every Key Club has the authority to select its own service projects. However, all Key Clubs are asked to participate in the Major Emphasis, which is “Children: Their Future, Our Focus.”
Key Club is an international student-led organization which provides its members with opportunities to provide service, build character and develop leadership.
We are caring and competent servant leaders transforming communities worldwide.
The core values of Key Club International are leadership, character building, caring and inclusiveness.
I pledge, on my honor, to uphold the Objects of Key Club International; to build my home, school and community; to serve my nation and God; and combat all forces which tend to undermine these institutions.
Caring–Our Way of Life
- To develop initiative and leadership.
- To provide experience in living and working together.
- To serve the school and community.
- To cooperate with the school principal.
- To prepare for useful citizenship.
- To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship and social contacts.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.
For more information about Key Club, please contact Mrs. Beth Glenn.